As the summer holidays are upon us, I thought I would make you aware of a couple of special needs friendly summer activities that are on offer in East Lothian and Edinburgh. Please feel free to send me a comment or a Facebook message if you know of anything else I should include! This is by no means a definitive list!
- Odeon Cinemas offer monthly autism-friendly screenings for children, you can find the schedule on the Odeon website – CLICK HERE
- If you have a family member who is a wheelchair user, did you know you can access the beautiful beach in North Berwick with a special beach wheelchair loaned free of charge from North Berwick Beach Wheelchairs? You will find them at the Beach Hut on North Berwick Harbour, just behind the Scottish Seabird Centre or CLICK HERE to visit the website.
- Sticking with the beach theme, Coast 2 Coast Surf School welcome special needs groups to their surf school. What a great opportunity to get your kids accessing the sea safely! CLICK HERE to visit the website.
- The Scottish Seabird Centre also welcomes children with special needs of all kinds and provides an interesting day out for children and adults alike. CLICK HERE to visit the website.
- If animals are your child’s thing then a visit to East Links Farm Park is always good fun, CLICK HERE to visit the website for more information.
Have fun and stay safe!